Damask Print On Buttercream

Decorating By Nikki1083 Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 9:03am by SBaker

Nikki1083 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 6:40am
post #1 of 3

??

I have a wedding cake coming up with white buttercream and black royal icing damask print that I have to do. When I did my practice cake I noticed that the royal icing started to run down the cake once the cake was removed from the refrigerator. How do I keep this from happening on a warm day? The icing was a nice consistency and did dry but once placed into the fridge it melted......the buttercream recipe I use is pretty good but requires heavy cream does anyone have a good recipe for buttercream that can be left out for a longer period of time? Also how would you recommend applying the damask print to buttercream? Any replies would be great!

2 replies
dtdonnahoo Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 7:58am
post #2 of 3

I have done several damask stencil over buttercream. Here's how I mix it, I leave out the butter and milk, and I think the meringue really helps. It makes a nice crust and I don't have problems with colors running in the fridge or when taken out

2 cups shortening
2 lbs powdered sugar
7 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp Meringue
2 tsp flavoring

SBaker Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 9:03am
post #3 of 3

I have stenciled black buttercream on white buttercream and had no problem. I make sure my buttercream, both black and white are a stiffer, stronger consistency and let the white buttercream crust well before stenciling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%