Thanks Irene

Decorating By SPODN Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 4:34pm by SPODN

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:29am
post #1 of 5

I was making a cake for my nieces bridal shower that was supposed to take place last Sunday. Well the shower got canceled and I have cake. The top tier was completed before we knew we were going to have to cancel so I gave that away, my husband is diabetic can't keep that much cake in my house. The layers for the bottom tier were frozen and are still wrapped in the freezer. My question is how long can I keep them and expect a good cake. There is a chocolate layer and a choc chip layer. We couldn't get another date for the showere until Oct 2. Is that too long to keep the cake frozen or should I just trash it. There is no filling and no frosting. Considering the terrible disasters I can't complain about a wasted cake but I would like to know if I can keep it that long. icon_sad.gif

4 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:45am
post #2 of 5

We've kept a fully decorated cake frozen for 3 months and it's been just fine when thawed for 24 hours in the fridge. This was a BC only cake so I'm not sure how long a fondant cake would last.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:47am
post #3 of 5

Anniversary cakes are frozen for a yr then eaten... I have done this and is was just fine when it come out... So just a few more weeks won't hurt

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 4:36am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPODN

The layers for the bottom tier were frozen and are still wrapped in the freezer. My question is how long can I keep them and expect a good cake.

Frozen layers from wholesalers are normally labelled with a 6 month expiration date. Of course, they can last twice as long if wrapped properly.

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help guys thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%