Help I Need A Buttercream Frosting Asap One That Crust!!!!!!

Baking By angelleyes Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 4:46am by ycknits

angelleyes Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 6

Ok so I went to the store and forgot to get crisco... ( I know dumb.. I had a duh moment) I have butter flavored crisco though... I need a awesome frosting that crusts.. Is there one that just uses butter? I also need one that can be left out.. I live in Florida so u can imagine the humidty... Any help is greatly apperciated... I looked through the recipes but there's so many pages I felt over whelmed...

Thank u soo much
Bev

5 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:29am
post #2 of 6

If u have buttered flavored crisco just use that. U will need meringue powder Edna de la Cruz has a great recipe.

angelleyes Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:45am
post #3 of 6

will it taste the same as regular crisco? That's what i'm afraid of... that and the color won't be white

angelleyes Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 4:08am
post #4 of 6

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzz????? lol

nikki4199 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 4:34am
post #5 of 6

I have always used 1 1/4 cup butter to about 3- 31/2 cups powder sugar. sometimes i might add a Tablespoon or so milk to thin it out. Crusting not sure what you mean. it does get a crusty feel i can touch it and it wont get on my fingers.

ycknits Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 4:46am
post #6 of 6

Indy Debbie's recipe is my summer-time crusting American Buttercream. Her all shortening recipe is very stable in the heat and humidity.

If the cake is going to be in an air-conditioned environment, I substitute butter for about 1/3 to 1/2 of the shortening, because I like the taste of real butter.

If I'm going to cover the cake with fondant, I use a non-crusting buttercream and chill it for 10 minutes or so to make it easy to smooth it before I lay on the fondant - no need for crusting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%