Cupcake Wedding Question

Decorating By Bri122005 Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 1:44pm by aprilismaius

Bri122005 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a wedding this sunday with cupcakes....my first. The bride has asked for a cream cheese/cheesecake filling in half and ganache filling in other half. The wedding ceremony starts at 5:00 and it's @ a 40 min drive. My question, how long can I let the cupcakes sit out with these fillings? I don't want to set up too early, but I also don't want to cut things too close. Just trying to figure out what time to tell the venue I'll be arriving with the cake. Thank you for your help!

2 replies
leah_s Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 3

With the cream cheese you have a TOTAL of 4 hours outside refrigeration., That includes decorating time.

Which is why I do NOT offer cream cheese filling or frosting.

aprilismaius Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 3

For cupcake weddings, I usually arrive 2-3 hours before the reception is supposed to start to give myself time to set up. It usually takes me 45 mins to an hour to get the stand in, set up, boxes in and cupcakes on the stands, table and stand decorated, etc.

For your filling question: The ganache filling will be fine. The cream cheese, I wouldn't chance, I wouldn't leave cream cheese unrefrigerated longer than 2 hours. I tell brides I won't use perishable fillings, because they are going to be sitting out for somewhere between 6-8 hours unrefrigerated by the time it is served. Can you talk to her about a non-perishable cheesecake flavored (Lorann oils) filling instead of the real stuff?

Just my two cents. I'm sure other people will have different takes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%