If You Were Going To Hand Paint A Cake....

Decorating By thecakestand Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 9:49pm by thecakestand

thecakestand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakestand Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:56am
post #1 of 8

If you were hand painting flowers on a cake, how would you start? Would you freehand it? Find a pattern and trace it on the cake? Another technique?

7 replies
Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 3:17am
post #2 of 8

For me I usually just have a few pictures to go by and freehand it. I wonder if you could transfer it on the cake by tracing the pattern with non toxic chalk through wax or parchment paper, like a carbon copy.

Colorful-Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colorful-Bliss Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 4:15am
post #3 of 8
thecakestand Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the response! I guess I need to just go and try it and see how it goes!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 8

I just freehand too...you can try on a scrap of fondant first to get a feel for it.

SRMC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRMC Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 8

I have paintedflowers and I just take a mall paintbrush and put a little food coloring in the lid with a little clear vanilla, and paint it on, u could always use the edible markers and draw it first, but I did it freehand icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 8

I free hand mine too....just give it a try! Remember even in nature all flowers aren't perfect either thumbs_up.gif

thecakestand Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 8

I tried last night on an extra piece of fondant I had. It went ok, I need to make a few adjustments, esp when deciding which way is best to outline the petals to give it more detail. But I am going to try again before I start on my cake, so I will know exactly what I want to do. Thanks for the responses and the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%