Giant Cookie

Baking By mollysuzie Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 5:30am by Bootycat

mollysuzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mollysuzie Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:26am
post #1 of 8

I've been asked to make a giant cookie for a birthday boy who doesn't like cake. He likes chocolate chip and sugar cookies. I'm looking for a good recipe and directions on how to bake such a giant cookie without it being crunchy. It's for a party so it needs to feed quite a few people too. Thanks!

7 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:42am
post #2 of 8

I've used the Toll House cookie recipe off the yellow bag! A 12" cake pan makes a nice size. Disposable pizza pans work. I've also doubled and done a 1/2 sheet size. Be sure not to push too much into the edge. The dough will expand when cooking. By pushing it into the edge, you can assure yourself a crunchy crust.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 3:09am
post #3 of 8

I used the recipe below earlier this year for a baby shower. I also did one without the nuts. It was a hit. I didn't add sugar, cocoa or whip cream.
I used a 12 inch round cake pan.

Ingredients

* 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
* 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
* Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
* Sweetened cocoa, for garnish
* Sweetened whipped cream, accompaniment

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 14-inch, light colored, round pizza pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, beating well after the addition of each.

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a whisk. Add to the butter mixture, mixing to incorporate, and add the vanilla extract. Fold in the dark and white chips and the nuts. Spread across the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until the edges are golden and the cookie is set but the center is still slightly soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To serve, sift confectioners' sugar and sweetened cocoa over the top, and cut into wedges. Serve sweetened whipped cream on the side.

mollysuzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mollysuzie Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 3:29am
post #4 of 8

Thank you! I figured I would have to buy the Wilton cookie pan. I appreciate your prompt responses. icon_smile.gif

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 3:57am
post #5 of 8

I make these often. They are a fave of my customers! I use the Hersheys Chocolate Chunks and follow the recipe on the bag. 12" round cake pan with a flower nail in the middle and parchment paper. When the cookie is done (use the temp and time for cookie cake on the bag) I carefully flip the cookie out onto a cookie sheet then carefully put back into the cake pan upside down to bake another 5-8 minutes. This makes sure the bottom center is completely done. Then take out and cool. I place this on a 12" cake board and decorate with a border and frozen transfer in the center.

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 4:25am
post #6 of 8

I was asked to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I experimented a little bit and here's what I found:

Use this recipe:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7604/chocolate-chip-cookie-cake-3

It turned out wonderfully, just be sure not to bake it too long. If it turns golden brown, like you would expect a chocolate chip cookie to do, I think it's a little bit too done.

I did a trial run in a 12" cake pan, and lined it with parchment paper like I would for a cake. I liked this version better than the version I baked in a glass 9x13" pan. I baked two layers both times, and used buttercream as filling (once vanilla, once chocolate). If your edges come out crunchy, it's easy to trim the edges to get a nice, clean look all the way around.

Good luck!

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 8

Hi,

I bought the giant Wilton cookie pan. The recipe with it is very good. I have made it 3 times already.

Bootycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bootycat Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:30am
post #8 of 8

I want to try the Wilton giant cookie pan too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%