Labor Day Bbq..non-Invite?

Lounge By Gingoodies Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 12:45am by Texas_Rose

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 2

I have a group of friends, ( 6 of us) who get together on each summer "holiday" 3 of the six are homeowners with nice yards and they each take a turn hosting the holiday bbq. (We get together many other times too, not just summer)

Well, here it is, tuesday before Labor Day weekend, and I have not heard a word about a cookout. icon_surprised.gif

Five of the girls got together earlier in the month to go to an "American Idol" concert. (I was unable to attend) I have a feeling plans may have been set when they were together. I don't recall getting an email (I try not to blindly delete them anymore icon_redface.gif ). I know there was no phone call or text about it. Maybe there is no party this weekend.

I feel a little funny calling the would-be hostess and asking and If I ask one of the other girls, they will be on the phone to J in a heartbeat and I think that would also be embarrassing for both of us.

Not sure at this point if I even WANT to go and spend another day listening to everyone's "tale of woe".

What would you do?

1 reply
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 2

Just call the hostess...tell her you haven't heard anything yet and are they still having a Labor Day bbq? If she says yes, ask what to bring and at least stop by for a little while, since it's been a tradition for you and your friends.

This is probably a case of everyone thinking someone else has invited you, and if you didn't turn up, they'd feel terrible for having accidentally excluded you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%