Drop Flowers On Smbc Cupcake Swirl

Decorating By rlowry03 Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 2:21am by rlowry03

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 4

My original plan was to make royal icing drop flowers that I could put on cupcake swirls. Then I discovered SMBC, and realized (because it's been a long time since I took all those basics classes) that SMBC will melt royal icing. Or will it? I'm not sure I want to take the chance since these cupcakes have to be done the night before.

I don't have time to get any fondant. Is there another way for me to make drop flowers ahead of time to put on the cupcakes, or do I need to just make them on top of the cupcake? I was trying to save time by doing them ahead...

3 replies
blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 4

I've never had any problems with SMBC melting my royal icing flowers.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 4

If you're unsure, maybe you could hold off putting the flowers on the cupcakes until you get to the event, is that an option?

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:21am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Blissful Baker. That gives me hope. Glendale - Unfortunately they are being sent to work with a family member, so I have to have them ready to go the night before. I need to come up with another option for this one. I will try it the royal icing at home to see what happens, but I hate to try it on something I'm sending out just in case it melts them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%