Drop Flowers On Smbc Cupcake Swirl

Decorating By rlowry03 Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 2:21am by rlowry03

rlowry03 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 4

My original plan was to make royal icing drop flowers that I could put on cupcake swirls. Then I discovered SMBC, and realized (because it's been a long time since I took all those basics classes) that SMBC will melt royal icing. Or will it? I'm not sure I want to take the chance since these cupcakes have to be done the night before.

I don't have time to get any fondant. Is there another way for me to make drop flowers ahead of time to put on the cupcakes, or do I need to just make them on top of the cupcake? I was trying to save time by doing them ahead...

3 replies
blissfulbaker Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 4

I've never had any problems with SMBC melting my royal icing flowers.

glendaleAZ Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 4

If you're unsure, maybe you could hold off putting the flowers on the cupcakes until you get to the event, is that an option?

rlowry03 Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:21am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Blissful Baker. That gives me hope. Glendale - Unfortunately they are being sent to work with a family member, so I have to have them ready to go the night before. I need to come up with another option for this one. I will try it the royal icing at home to see what happens, but I hate to try it on something I'm sending out just in case it melts them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%