Food Network Challenge: "here Comes The Cake"

Decorating By mvucic Updated 12 Sep 2005 , 4:30pm by melodyscakes

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 14

Just a heads up on this program! The Sugar Arts Championship in Tulsa, OK. Airs beginning this weekend!

September 11, 2005 10:00 PM ET/PT
September 12, 2005 2:00 AM ET/PT
September 15, 2005 9:00 PM ET/PT
September 16, 2005 1:00 AM ET/PT
September 18, 2005 3:00 PM ET/PT

Set your VCR's/DVR's!

Mirjana

13 replies
tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 14

Thanks, I can't wait to see it!!!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 6:35am
post #3 of 14

me too!

thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 14

wooo nooo! Tivo is now set! Thanks!

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks for the reminder!! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 14

Hi

Thanks you guys. Now I will be up late Sunday night. No way to record it.
Appreciate the heads up.

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 12:54pm
post #7 of 14

are these shows on the Canadian food network or just US???

Sangria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangria Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 12:58pm
post #8 of 14

This show was so fun. It was amazing to see all the cakes. I actually got chocked up at the end seeing the winner, they were so cute!

Maryanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maryanne Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:17pm
post #9 of 14

"Here Comes the Cake" is what made me "fall" for cake decorating in the first place. I was just awe-struck at how beautiful all those cakes were! I caught the first 15 minutes Sunday night (came on at my bedtime icon_sad.gif ) and had to laugh at myself --I took a gum paste flower class this summer so this time I was even more mesmerized at the roses!

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 14

I saw it the first airing & watched it again last night. It is something. I think I am making nice cakes til I see them!

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 3:31pm
post #11 of 14

thumbsdown.gif I can't believe they keep repeating this show..I've seen this 3 times already..Twice last year, and again last night...When do we see the new one ? Although I still enjoy watching it again usaribbon.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 3:34pm
post #12 of 14

I love those cakes.. They were inspired by something (china).. That is a good idea! JACKIE DID YOU HEAR ME!! Inspire us with something and see what we can do!

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 4:23pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eve

thumbsdown.gif I can't believe they keep repeating this show..I've seen this 3 times already..Twice last year, and again last night...When do we see the new one ? Although I still enjoy watching it again usaribbon.gif

This was the one from two years ago, cause that same lady that won, won last year. I thought the same thing as you, but I still loved it! I am glad she won on this episode, but the episode from last year, I thought the cake with the fence around it should have won.....(I am terrible remembering names...I can't remember the names of the contestants)

My favorite contestant (personality-wise) was Michelle Foster....the one on the show last night that got "best in show".

I asked my hubby if I could go to it next year so I could see all the cakes in person! icon_biggrin.gif He didn't say no!

I like the food network, but they obviously have problems getting enough 'material' to change out their programs. ALL the challenges they show are old. It is kind of disappointing.

Leslie

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 4:30pm
post #14 of 14

i saw the new show a couple of times, but had never seen the old one. so i stayed up last night and watched it....wow! i would love to be good enough to compete in something like that! this years sugar contest in tulsa, there piece of insperation has to come from a wedding dress. wish i could go to that! oh well they will run it on food network eventually.
melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%