Royal Icing Transfers

Baking By nikkigonzalez Updated 30 Sep 2011 , 1:14pm by splymale

nikkigonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikkigonzalez Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 4

So this week I need to do 100 toy story cookies of the characters faces. I do not have a KopyKat so Ive been trying to think of how to get each character uniform and equal to the last. I thought about doing a royal icing transfer so when i googled it i only found very little information on how to do it. Some said to piped the image on wax paper, let dry 24hrs then just plop it on top of the flooded icing when ready. Is that it? Anyone else have any tips or experience with doing RIT on cookies?

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 4:29am
post #2 of 4
Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 4

I do transfers off of wax paper, works great, but very fragile so make extras! icon_smile.gif

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with spectra, make sure they dry at least overnight in a nice dry room, with little humidity!
One time, I made some on a hot humid night (with air on) let them sit overnight & through the day, they never did dry completely.
But that was the only time they didn't dry. So print out the reverse or mirror image, place wax paper over, pipe starting with details and ending with backing. Let dry, gently pull paper off & attach to cookie with some RI. As stated by Spectra, make plenty of extras!
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%