Easy Boxed Cake For Tiered Cakes

Baking By snazzycakes1 Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 5:47pm by TexasSugar

snazzycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzycakes1 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 3

okay, i am somewhat new to cake decorating, but my "business" is booming. i started using scratch recipes, but found that people really like the taste of the docotored boxed cakes, and i like the idea of less time consumption in preparation. i hated this idea at first but i have a one year old and my husband is deployed and i am booking in 5-7 cakes a weekend! so needless to say boxed mixes are quicker and easier for me as well. i have done quite a few tiered cakes, but know that a "pound" cake would be much better for a tiered cake. so far i havent had any problems (knock on wood) buy i feel that my cakes are too moist to hold up in a tiered cake and one of these days im gunna have a disaster. please give me an idea of a good boxed recipe or easy recipe for tiered cakes. i have two 3 teired cakes this weekend and i fear that my luck may be running out! lol thank you

2 replies
debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 3

Here's a recipe that starts with a box mix. It's very good and durable. Many people on this site use these types of recipes and have great success. If you search the recipe section, you'll find lots more like it. It's very versitile and easy.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 3

Your supports hold up the cakes, so it really doesn't matter if your cake isn't a pound cake.

As someone has said on here before, you can stack layers of jello on top of each other with the right support aka plates and pillars/boards and dowels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%