Yay! My New 20L Mixer Arrived!

Business By Dayti Updated 24 Oct 2011 , 2:58pm by Dayti

Dayti Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 16

After struggling for 10 months with a 7L mixer (I started with 2 and managed to wreck one of them), I ordered a 20L one. So happy!! Now I can fill my oven right up at once instead of having to mix batch after batch. It's not a Hobart but hopefully it will last for years.

(sorry for rubbish pic, I took it with my phone)

15 replies
all4cake Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 16

I am happy and excited for you! It looks like it's ready to do some serious work!

nanefy Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 10:44am
post #3 of 16

Oh you will need to let us know how you go with it, because I've been looking at the buffalo brand but then everyone raves about hobarts and I don't want to spend money on one thing and then wish I'd bought another - so if you find it's awesome I'll likely go with buffalo icon_smile.gif

psurrette Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 11:34am
post #4 of 16

Happy mixing! wish I had room for one!

Annabakescakes Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 4:44am
post #5 of 16

Congratulations, she's a beauty!!!

Solecito Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 16

Congratulations!! It looks great!!
I'm in the process of getting one...

Annabakescakes Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 16

How about an update? How do you like it, Dayti?

MCurry Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 16

Congrats! Happy mixing!

southerncross Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:59pm
post #9 of 16

Happy day,....this is almost as exciting as a new born baby...and probably costs as much. She's a beaut!

sugarcheryl Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 7:33pm
post #10 of 16

Yes Congrats to you!

sewsugarqueen Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:38pm
post #11 of 16

It looks very similar to the one I use at bakery. Looks like a real workhorse. I think our machine is 10plus years and still going strong. Look for 1/2/3 level of speed. I mix heavy stuff at lower speed ( like cookie dough). New toy yeah!!!! enjoy it.

Dayti Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 11:59am
post #12 of 16

I am loving the mixer!! It is hands down one of the best purchases I have made, and was a steal at just under 1000 new. I had a few teething problems to begin with, just like with any new toy - I wasn't sure on which speed to use or had it on the wrong speed without realising sometimes...grated carrot all over the wall at one stage icon_biggrin.gif
It is really quiet, seriously, compared to other smaller mixers. I have to use damp kitchen towels over the hand/safety guard when mixing buttercream but it's no biggie since I used to have to do that anyway with the Kenwoods. So no icing sugar clouding up my kitchen.
The most I have mixed in it at once would be 16lb carrot cake batter / 12lb buttercream / 20 dozen cupcakes' batter / 4x8" and 6x6" chocolate cake batter. But I could do greater quantities if needed, although a 10L would be too small.
Make sure if you buy one of these your bowl will fit in the sink/dishwasher...mine does, just about! Oh, and it weighs 220lb...it was hard work getting it up on the workbench. Make sure you get it in the right place from the get go...this is not something you want to be moving around if you get it wrong.

MimiFix Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 12:23pm
post #13 of 16

Dayti, is this mixer in your home kitchen? It looks beautiful - we're all jealous!! Enjoy your new "toy."

Dayti Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 12:32pm
post #14 of 16

Hi Mimi, no, I have a retail bakery - 1 year anniversary this Wednesday!!

MimiFix Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 12:42pm
post #15 of 16

Congratulations, how exciting!! A full year! Any special plans for celebrating?

I used to have an all-scratch bakery and cafe (total of 15 years in business) but now I'm too old and cranky for customer service. icon_lol.gif

After we sold my beloved bakery, my husband bought me a 20 quart Hobart for our kitchen. But he always stubbed his toe on the darn thing so I traded it with a restaurant (for many pleasurable meals).

Again, congratulations on your anniversary!

Dayti Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 2:58pm
post #16 of 16

Thankyou - I will likely give away a cake on Facebook, but no big parties at the bakery or discounts - not enough money for a party and I don't do discounts!
Your trade in sounds like a plan, you should get a good few lovely meals out of that deal icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%