Why Do Cupcakes Bring Out Bad Manners? (A Tiny Vent)

Lounge By Gingoodies Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 5:29pm by mariacakestoo

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 6

Maybe it's just me, but the last few times I have tried to set up cupcake displays, there were people up my butt the whole time. icon_rolleyes.gif

These were family/extended family parties and the desserts were not displayed from the start of the party. As soon as we started to set up the cupcake tower and brought out the boxes, there were at least 20 people standing behind asking a million qustions. Adults and kids alike.

Seriously, I understand that "cake is king". Who doesn't love a sweet treat? Just give me a little room to get it all out before you start the mad stampede.

The last party was about 60-70 people. I made 60 cupcakes, an 11 x 17 filled sheet cake and the venue supplied a 9x13 ice cream cake. There was not ONE PIECE OF DESSERT LEFT!!. ( I guess this means my family/friends are just big piggies. LOL ) icon_redface.gif

Has anyone else had the same experience?

5 replies
fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 6

well, either put them where they cannot have access to it b4 it is set up or deal with them since they are pigs. wow that is barbaric.

mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 6

Because cupcakes are angry little wanna be cakes with an inferiority complex. They want to be a big fancy cake, but they can't. So their pissyness oozes out and infects everyone around them. See, now I'm pissed. Stupid little wanna be cakes. icon_razz.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacakestoo

Because cupcakes are angry little wanna be cakes with an inferiority complex. They want to be a big fancy cake, but they can't. So their pissyness oozes out and infects everyone around them. See, now I'm pissed. Stupid little wanna be cakes. icon_razz.gif

icon_surprised.gif LOL tapedshut.gif

ljchevygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljchevygirl Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacakestoo

Too funny! I will have to remember this. Thank you for the laugh.

mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 6

You're welcome! I don't really feel that way for the most part. I love a beautiful cupcake! But they are a pain in the arse sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%