Belly Cake Tips Please

Decorating By DivaJai Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 6:25am by DivaJai

DivaJai Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 3:10am
post #1 of 4

I would really love to make this cake for my cousin's baby shower. I am a novice but I have confidence that if I keep practicing I will be able to pull it off before the baby shower in February. What I'd like to know is if anyone has seen any detailed tutorials or can anyone give tips to achieve the look in the pics posted below. I would also like to know how they got that sheen look on the fondant. TIA! icon_smile.gif ...

3 replies
suzied Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 4:04am
post #3 of 4

This link is only to make the boobs and tummy. I havent done one myself, but if i had to i would try to pleat the fondant for the top, place it on the boobs and cut it to shape. as for the tummy area, may try placing some thick dowels under the fondant leaving it for about 10 - 15 minutes, till those pleats form, lift the fondant carefully and place on the tummy area OR, may be run a thick ropes of butter cream or some other icing that would harden, vertically and then place the fondant over and carefully attend to every pleat. i will be watching to see if someone else can come up with thier ideas. As for the band under the boobs, roll out some fondant and scrunch it a bit and place.(i tried to be of help to you - good luck)

DivaJai Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 6:25am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the links and advice guys icon_smile.gif I have plenty of time to practice... I'm so hoping I get it right because although she could care less what the cake looks like I really want it to be nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%