Never Made A Doll Cake...pricing Question

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 9:58pm by step0nmi

step0nmi Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 3:09am
post #1 of 4

I know everyone hates these questions...but i've never made one of these cakes! icon_surprised.gif I know someone that has the pan and a lady wants a dress replicated on top of a tier cake. she wants it customized to her daughter's dress and it's a quincenera cake. I know what to charge for everything else BUT this....

HALP!? icon_redface.gif

3 replies
TexasSugar Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 4

What part don't you know what to charge for?

I'd use the same equation I'd use for anything else, cost of supplies plus labor plus profit.

Chasey Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 4

If you are unsure about the number of servings, the doll pan will hold one box of cake mix. Depending on which brand you use, that could mean 10-12 servings. I suppose it could technically be more than that with industry sized portions, but it's such an awkward shape to cut.

Go from there and figure in how much time you are going to spend replicating a specific dress.

Have fun creating!

step0nmi Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 4

yes, just the doll/dress portion i was curious about. I mean, it's an odd shape and then to do the replicating work I feel like i should charge more for that icon_confused.gif

thank you, Chasey, for the servings...didn't know that either.

plus, i probably will not be putting a doll in there but a fondant/gumpaste mold of a dress form type thing :p

Quote by @%username% on %date%