Covering Cake Boards ?????????

Decorating By suziecupcake Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 9:01am by suziecupcake

suziecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suziecupcake Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 13

i have seen cakes on a coordinating boards i think it may be wax paper of some sort where can i buy this on the internet thanks icon_confused.gif

12 replies
aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 13

I decorate all of my boards with fondant or royal icing.

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 13

I use any paper i like and put "contact paper" over it

olleharr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olleharr Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 13

I just tried my first coordinating theme board by using fondant. A football field for a football helmet cake. It was very easy.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 13

I have only used fondant. Never tried paper or contact paper. I wonder if some of the colored & pattern boards are the pre-made sugar sheets that come with patterns.

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:02am
post #6 of 13

I cover all my boards in fondant as silver cake boards drive me nuts icon_biggrin.gif

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:08am
post #7 of 13

I use wrapping paper or scrapbook paper that coordinates with my cake. I then cover that with contact paper. I have a cake board under my cake so I don't have to worry about the contact paper. If you don't cover the paper with contact paper the grease from the bc will be absorbed by the paper.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:18am
post #8 of 13

"I use wrapping paper or scrapbook paper that coordinates with my cake. I then cover that with contact paper. "

What a great idea!

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:30am
post #9 of 13

I just posted a picture of a Mini Mouse cake that is covered in scrapbook paper. Sometimes I use fondant, the sweet 16 cake is covered in black fondant and I cut out the stars and replaced them with hot pink ones to match.

The person that stated about the silver boards. I agree.. I do not like them at all unless the cake has silver but even then I cover them.

faithc24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithc24 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:14am
post #10 of 13

What do you guys mean when you say you cover them with contact paper? I would like to try this! I would love to use more gift wrap or scrapbook paper for my board but don't know how to stop the grease from ruining my board. I just did a cake and had this problem! Thanks!

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:23am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithc24

What do you guys mean when you say you cover them with contact paper? I would like to try this! I would love to use more gift wrap or scrapbook paper for my board but don't know how to stop the grease from ruining my board. I just did a cake and had this problem! Thanks!

It's a clear adhesive paper that comes in roles that you peel off a paper backing. I find mine in th aisle with the drawer lining paper at Walmart. Cover your board with wrapping or scrapbooking paper you like then cover it with contact paper. This will keep the wrapping paper from becoming greasy. Just make sure that you put a cake circle under your cake to keep it from coming in contact with the contact paper since I've been told that it's not food safe.

faithc24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithc24 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:31am
post #12 of 13

Thankyou All4show!

suziecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suziecupcake Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 9:01am
post #13 of 13

thanks everyone so kind,i will look and see if we sell contact paper here in the u.k xxx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%