Power Ranger/ Ninja Turtles Cake

Decorating By kaidan05 Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 1:17am by elizaBakes

kaidan05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaidan05 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 2

My son wants a Power Ranger/ Ninja Turtle cake for his birthday in November. I was thinking of having them fight each other but i need some ideas on how to do it? I'm not sure if i want a flat cake or 3D, which would be neat. If anyone can help please? I'm also possible looking for some good pictures maybe we can carve around. From what I've read people on here are really helpful. We are kinda new to cake decorting also if someone could tell me how to do the frozen buttercream transfer? It doesn't sound real hard but I'd rather know how to do it before I try and screw it up.

1 reply
elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 1:17am
post #2 of 2

I too am making a power ranger cake (this month Sept.) I actually found a cake here in the gallerie, I will try & see if I can attach it to this picture (?) As far as your idea, I would possibly make a tiered cake and do one side of the cake power ranger themed all the way down, and do the side ninjas. Have them fighting each other on the top tier. I am using actual power ranger figuers (provided by the costumer) this way the birthday boy will actually get to keep the toy icon_smile.gif The frozen buttercream transfer... use parchment/wax paper draw/trace the picture you're wanting to use onto the paper. Maker sure your picture is inverted that way you don't end up with a backwords image. Filip the paper over so that the ink you used doesn't end up on your frosting. Then simply pipe and fill in your picture with the frosting, place in the freezer for a while; once frozen peal off the paper and use as desired. HTH good luck with your cake icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%