I Need A Passion Fruit Filling/preserve For A Wedding Cake

Baking By karukaru Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 3:28pm by southerncross

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 2

Hello!
I am making a wedding cake for my friend's wedding and he wants me to make a vanilla rum cake with passion fruit filling (he loves passion fruit.) I have tried to find a recipe but so far I have come empty handed. I found a recipe for passion fruit mousse but I cannot use that since it will be a fondant covered cake and because the wedding will be outside in Boca raton (october 29th), FL (so not exactly a cool place.) If you do not have a recipe but know how to make a preserve/Jelly, I would love to know so I can play with it. If I cannot find anything I am going to have to use passion fruit jelly but I do not want to do that because each small jar costs $3 and I don't want to spend that kind of money for a 3 tier cake. thanks! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 2

I've used Rose Levy's mousseline frosting/filling under fondant with great success. She claims (and I've found it to be true) that you can leave it out of refrigeration for 2 days and it is heat and humidy resistant. She calls for adding passion fruit curd. Her Cake Bible gives the recipe for both the mouselline and the passion fruit curd made with frozen passion fruit juice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%