Peanut Butter Buttercream

Decorating By dreamsville Updated 5 Sep 2011 , 8:21pm by CiNoRi

dreamsville Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamsville Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 8

Can PB buttercream not be used on a cake covered in fondant? Is it the oil in the peanut butter that causes fondant to not adhere to the cake well? Both times I've used it (to my memory) the cake has bubbled and cracked......just wonderinf if THAT could be the problem.

7 replies
SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 8

I ganache my cakes, so I use pb buttercream as a filling...delicious all around!

HTH

dreamsville Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 8

yeah I use it as a filling as well AND around the cake before fondanting....is that bad???

dreamsville Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 8

yeah I use it as a filling as well AND around the cake before fondanting....is that bad???

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 8

When I've tried to use it under fondant, I got a big grease puddle that oozed out onto the board! YUCK!! thumbsdown.gif

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 8

I have never put fondant over it but I think you could on my recipe.. I do what I call a "Buckeye" cake - chocolate cake, peanut butter buttercream and chocolate ganache. If I had a shop, this would probably be one of my number one sellers.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 8

If you think there's too much oil from the peanut butter leaching into the fondant, it may be the type of pb you're using. I find that in BC it's best to use the hydrogenated pb rather than the pricier natural pb.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

Anyone have a PB buttercream they would share? I need to make a carved, fondant cake this coming week! Also is your recipe shelf stable?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%