Adding Fresh Strawberries To Filling

Baking By BekkerG Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 12:25am by Ashleyssweetdesigns

BekkerG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BekkerG Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 4:59am
post #1 of 3

Hello, I've gotten a request for a white cake with buttercream and fresh strawberry filling. I've never done a filling before that wasn't just icing in the middle. I usually just use buttercream in the middle when I torte my cakes. So my question is can I just slice the fresh strawberries thinly and place them on top of the buttercream middle filling and then put the top layer of cake on like normal? Do I need to do anything special to add the strawberries in? Thanks for any and all help!!!

2 replies
elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 3

My recomendation is to always mix fresh fruit with either a pudding or a jam. Fresh fruit will release juice and sog up your cake. With my strawberry fillings I slice them and mix in some strawberry jam. Torte your cake and make a thick outline with the buttercream, make sure not to spread your filling all the way to the edges, to prevent any leaky edges. Then crumb coat & cover as usual. HTH

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 12:25am
post #3 of 3

You can certainly add fresh fruit to BC without anything else. Its commonly done. Some people prefer fresh fruit. Another option is marinating the strawberries with sugar to sweeten them a little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%