They Left The Scatty Rubber Under The Cake.

Decorating By mcaulir Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 4:43pm by DoubleA

mcaulir Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:34am
post #1 of 7

My most recent cake, I thought turned out pretty well. Lady I made it for sent me a FB message thanking me, and directed me to her FB photos.

She's left the hacked up bit of rubber shelf liner that I'd put between the cake board and the box sticking out all the way around under the board. Ugh. It looks awful! I can't see how she wouldn't have noticed and tucked it under the board, even if she thought it was actually attached, which it wasn't.

Strange what people do!

6 replies
Coral3 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 5:45am
post #2 of 7

Maybe when she picked up the cake it lifted the mat with it and she thought it was attached? Or maybe since she saw you had put that under the cake for transport she thought it needed to be under the cake elsewhere too - why, I don't know, but some people wouldn't know why it was there in the first place, so wouldn't realise it was no longer needed!

Bluehue Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 6:54am
post #3 of 7

icon_rolleyes.gif Some people have no clue as to *presentation* - as you just pointed out...
As Coral said - perhaps it just stuck to the board when the Lady set it up on her table - but even so one would think that when you step back to have a look that all is good - one would see it...

You did your best - sadly her photo hindered that.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Blue

mcaulir Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 7:34am
post #4 of 7

I put little rubber 'feet' under my board, so I'm sure it did just stick, but it looks so obvious to me!

Ah well, add something else to the list of things to mention when handing the cake over. icon_smile.gif

cakestyles Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 11:39am
post #5 of 7

Isn't it amazing sometimes how what seems like common sense to us, isn't to others?

I swear some people would walk around without tying their shoelaces if they'd never been told to tie them. icon_wink.gif

Coral3 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 12:15pm
post #6 of 7

^ True!

Common sense is not nearly as common as you'd think.

DoubleA Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 7

It is because of the way people think that everything should either be done for them or explained to them ad nauseum. When did just letting consequences of one's action be the natural selector stop? When we baby boomers decided that our parents were too mean and that "self esteem" took precedence over "ownership of actions".

Can you tell I have had enough? I'll get off my soapbox now...:|

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%