Fast Help.. Red Chocolate Frosting? Please!

Decorating By Jleigh4 Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 2:57pm by Jleigh4

Jleigh4 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 5

I am making my 4 th birthday cake.icon_smile.gif the client has asked for the bottom to be white fondant,on RKT cake. Ok so no problem.. The top part is 6' round which they want red chocolate, not fondant nor buttercream. Not real sure how to do this.. Here are my thoughts, however with being so new to all of this, I really need your help.. TYIA

1. Use white chocolate ganache color red ???? Worried about texture here, maybe whip it?!? IDK.
2. Use candy molding chocolate already in red make a ganache with this?! Worried about texture and taste? Will it be to waxy tasting?
** if I do use the candy molding chocolate it couldn't get to hard but it has to be hard enough to stand up. What should I mix with cream, corn syrup, or something else?!

Ugh. Very nervous please help..

Side note: already have every thing done, decorations, bottom cake (RKT) done, the top is filled and has been crumb coated with ganache BUT... This cake has to be COMPLETE in 5 hours. Delivered in 6..

4 replies
FACSlady Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 5

Two things come to mind: red modeling chocolate used to cover the cake like fondant, or buttercream with white chocolate melted and added (or red candy melts) along with red food coloring. Good luck!

JSKConfections Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 5

I was in a pinch...thought I had choc chips for ganache and didn't...so I took a chance and made it with Choc flavored wilton discs....It said to chop them up smaller and pour your cream over and mix..I put plastic wrap on so it wouldn't skin and put in the frig...it stayed a bit softer than "real" chocolate, I whipped it with my hand mixer and it fluffed right up...it was creamy and really good! So the red ones may work the same way...good luck!!

JSKConfections Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

I was in a pinch...thought I had choc chips for ganache and didn't...so I took a chance and made it with Choc flavored wilton discs....It said to chop them up smaller and pour your cream over and mix..I put plastic wrap on so it wouldn't skin and put in the frig...it stayed a bit softer than "real" chocolate, I whipped it with my hand mixer and it fluffed right up...it was creamy and really good! So the red ones may work the same way...good luck!!

Jleigh4 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone for the quick replies very appreciated. I am going to make a batch of molding chocolate in red which i can save if i cant get it to work and also use some Wilton chips with cream in red and try to come up with a solution.

If anyone else has any magic tips please do share. icon_smile.gif
Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%