Pecans . . . Any Ideas?

Baking By jennjd Updated 11 Sep 2005 , 7:22pm by jennjd

jennjd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennjd Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 8

I have several ziploc bags full of chopped pecans from a local orchard (one of my students gave them to me). I am looking for a cake recipe that I could use them in. I am not much of a scratch baker so if anyone has some cake mix fixer uppers ideas that use pecans that would be great. Or if you have any easy scartch recipes.
I know that if I don't use them they will sit in my freezer for an eternity.
Thanks

7 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 8

Here is what I found on CakeCentral.
This cake is to dye for!!!!
This is a doctored cake mix version of an Italian Cream Cake that I used the crusting cream cheese icing recipe I got from CC ... I surrounded the bottom edges and the cake with sugar roasted pecans... the groom's mother was very, very pleased with it and told me how much she liked it .. always makes you feel good to hear positive feedback icon_smile.gif
This was made by ntertayneme
She does amazing cakes!
LL

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 8

looks amazing!

jennjd Posted 10 Sep 2005 , 12:44am
post #4 of 8

That is a beautiful cake. I appreciate the input. icon_biggrin.gif

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 1:46am
post #5 of 8

I make a delicious butter pecan frosting. The recipe is posted somewhere here...........if you are interested and can't find it let me know and I'll post it again.

Regards, Naty

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 1:59am
post #6 of 8

don't forget the German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 6:08am
post #7 of 8

If you make those roasted-sugared pecans....be careful!! You can eat your weight in them before you know it!!! hehehehe soooooo yummy!

You could also just take a spice cake mix, add 1 small can of crushed pineapple (drained), 1 small carrot (finely grated) and toss in the pecans. Frost with a cream cheese frosting.....mmm mmm good! It's great with or without the pineapple, but I find it keeps the cake moist and just adds a little somethin' somethin' to it icon_razz.gif ...a little twist on regular carrot cake. icon_biggrin.gif

jennjd Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the great ideas. I have loads of finelt chopped pecans in my fridge so i will be able to try a lot of the ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%