New York And Florida Cake Decorating Stores

Decorating By aussiemags Updated 4 Sep 2011 , 8:29am by aussiemags

aussiemags Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 8:09am
post #1 of 11

Hey an important question

My parents are heading to america in a few weeks (after going to europe), they will be in New York and Florida.

Which cake deco stores would be good to visit icon_smile.gif want to buy some stuff

They are going to buddy's but is there anything decent to buy there lol

10 replies
mindy1204 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 9:24am
post #2 of 11

Which part of FL will they be in?

I can only speak for central FL. This store is in the Orlando area. It is very nice I have been a few times.

Also in Orlando but they dont have a store front anymore but you can order and pick up is

This on is in Tampa

And that is about it. We have very little choices in Central FL.

aussiemags Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 7:21am
post #3 of 11

ayone else icon_smile.gif

thanks for the florida info icon_smile.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 8:46am
post #4 of 11

Not sure if you're wanting specialty stores for cake decorating or just any stores that have cake decorating stuff. There are JoAnn fabric and craft stores and Michaels craft stores that carry cake decorating supplies like Wilton and Duff brand and they are in most of the larger towns in Florida. I know for sure they are in Orlando and Gainesville since I've lived in both of those areas. No clue about specialty stores or New York though.

Cupcakeboy85 Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 11

In new york is their isa store called nycake where u will find almost everything you need

simplysouthern Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:07am
post #6 of 11

CAKES PLUS TAMPA!!!! Amazing store and the staff is just as fabulous!! I do all my shopping there and love love them icon_smile.gif

Tinacakes Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:25am
post #7 of 11

NY Cake on 22nd street and 6th Avenue.

Tinkerbel1130 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 12:49am
post #8 of 11

If they will be in Ft. Lauderdale Florida there is a store that has alotof great stuff there web site is for there address you can also order online. There is alot of supplie stores in Miami, Florida as well just google cake supply stores in Miami Florida and you will get a list of them. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:10am
post #9 of 11

NY Cake n 22nd Street and 6th Avenue is good, but be warned, most prices are higher than anywhere else. They do have everything. I work in NYC but I only go there in case of emergency.

It's just a big room with everything piled up (telling you so that you your parents don't miss it) in an old building. Here's a visit that Amy Atlas (one of the best party planners/designers in NY) showcased in her blog.

gscout73 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:25am
post #10 of 11

If they're coming to Palm Beach county, there is a great store in West Palm Beach called Cakes Etc. I love that store and the woman who owns it is wonderful.

aussiemags Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 8:29am
post #11 of 11

thankyou for all the info of to check them out icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%