Do You Upcharge For Holiday Weekend Orders?

Business By Swede-cakes Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 3:36am by Swede-cakes

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:08am
post #1 of 6

Just curious if any of you upcharge wedding orders that you take for holiday weekends? Or do you just charge normal prices? I learned that Christmas eve/day is an entire weekend this year because a couple contacted me with a wedding date of Friday, 12/23/11.

Thanks!

5 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:28am
post #2 of 6

We typically close for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays to spend time with family, but if we were open we wouldn't charge extra.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 6:28am
post #3 of 6

Closed too.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 6

I will take orders for the day before Thanksgiving but not on Thanksgiving or the day after.
I will take orders up to Dec 23rd. I will not take anything for the 24th thru 27th.
I will do Dec. 30th but not the 31st, Jan 1st or Jan 2nd.

For a Dec 23rd wedding I would charge an additional holiday fee.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

I usually close because I learned the hard way one year that cake+Holiday prep doesn't work well. If someone did beg me to do a cake I'd probably quote them a higher price to try to get them to go somewhere else, so I'd say yes to the upcharge.

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:36am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. Considered what you all said and decided not to pursue this particular order. It would be pretty chaotic trying to prep for Christmas for three kids and a houseful of family members.

Low and behold, I just got another inquiry for a holiday. Smack dab in the middle of Memorial Day weekend next year! Ah well...Onward! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%