How Do You Make A Full High Heel Out Of Gumpaste???

Decorating By Fancy2004 Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 2:13am by jules5000

Fancy2004 Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 6

I am very new to this so I am sure I am posting in the wrong section so I am sorry. I have looked up how to make a high heel out of gumpaste and I pretty much get it but the problem is NOBODY shows you how to make the FULL high heel. They are all either slip on or have straps. If somebody could help me that would be great because I need to start making it asap since its due one week from today!

Thanks!

5 replies
ma_baker_30 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 11:41am
post #3 of 6

This channel has a few videos on how to make a shoebox cake as well as the high heel.

Perhaps you want to know how to make a closed shoe/pump as opposed to an open toed sandal? I have not seen any videos on how to do that. However in the Most Saved cake photos section on this website, I have seen printable templates for closed shoes from some kind cc contributors. Good luck

luckylibra Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:11am
post #4 of 6

This one is pretty detailed but not a pump..

mommynana Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:44am
post #5 of 6
jules5000 Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 2:13am
post #6 of 6

Fancy2004, I have not got around to it yet, but there is a pair of high heels that I love that I would say were a open toed pump. they are, I think, elegant and I have thought that I would do the same thing that I did to make a pair of boots. I would take a measuring tape to my shoe and measure every detail. sole, heel height, sides and back of shoe and front of shoe. make paper patterns or templates for every part and then start from the bottom up. the heel, then of course I know that you have to come up with something that is going to be the right height and angle to rest the sole on to dry it. One time I saw a suggestion from someone and I think it was on here. You take a 2 liter soda bottle and cut it up. you figure out the height you need and the angle and of course the circumference and tape the plastic together to hold it. Then you can put your sole onto your mostly dried heel and let them dry together that way. While they are drying you can make the rest of the shoe and let the other parts dry over something that will be the same finished size that they need to be. when you get the sides of the shoe dry enough that they can hold their shape w/o support then put what ever is left together and put plastic wrap under it to support it till it dries. I would suggest a fan going full blast to help the drying time on the big parts. A week is not very long. Also the whole time you are putting it together I would have the shoe handy to look at. It is indeed very helpful. I do not have the money for all of the helpful tools and so forth that are out there to put together gumpaste shoes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%