Help Me Save My Mmf!

Baking By SweetSuzieQ Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 10:26pm by SweetSuzieQ

SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 4

This stupid freaking MMF will just not come together for me!

I have tried more shortening, kneeding the poop out of it, more PS, kneeding the poop out of it and, it is together, but simply cracks when I kneed or roll it (see images attached).

Any other tricks I can try? Was thinking maybe add some more marshmallow or, some melted white chocolate to help smooth it out????

3 replies
littlestruedel Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 4

To me it looks like there might be too much powdered sugar in there. I was warm it up in the microwave until it is soft, add shortening and kneed some more. Or you could try adding some glycerine?

KateLS Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 4

Perhaps add glycerin?

I'm guessing that there was too much powdered sugar put in it. Did you just make it? Right after making it, it should feel slightly warm and quite soft, like kneaded bread dough.

If it's the day after, it does take a lot of kneading. I once got this result after putting too much powdered sugar in it while kneading.

Good luck! I hope you'll be able to save it!

SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, I was thinking originally too much PS but, I don't have a lot of mmf experience so I wasn't sure.

I put it aside wrapped for now so, will pop out and get some glycerin and give it a try.

I made it yesterday and had a little accident while making it so, hubby wrapped it up for me and put it aside while I went to the hospital.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%