Wiltons Garden Gazebo Separator

Decorating By rpaige Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 1:18am by CWR41

rpaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rpaige Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 6

Planning a small wedding cake and the bride wants to use the garden gazebo - she wants drama without much cake. The gazebo either didn't come with supports or she has lost them. Is anyone familiar with this product and what should I use? Didn't see much info at Wilton.com or in the store - might have missed something.

I'm a newbie so specifics would be helpful. Thanks!

5 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaige

The gazebo either didn't come with supports or she has lost them.

It doesn't come with supports, it's three pieces... upper and lower plate with wire ring:
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=B2D3E8CD-1E0B-C910-EAFFB9752A7BD5F6&killnav=1

Dowel rod the base cake and construct like this:
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/alternate-2-plate-set-ups.cfm

More info for stacked tiered cake construction:
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/stacked-tiered-cake-construction.cfm

rpaige Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 12:37am
post #3 of 6

Thanks CWR41 - I guess my confusion lies in the fact that the plate has feet on the bottom which I would position and then press into my cake. That allows me to mark placement of the supports to be put inside the cake. I can't seem to find the actual supports/dowels to insert into the cake that would then fit into the feet of the plate. Every support in the Wilton aisle - wooden and plastic - did not appear to fit. I found wooden dowels but they were slightly smaller than the hole within each foot.

Am I making this too difficult???? I know you guys get tired of training us beginners!

I appreciate the help.

CWR41 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6
Quote:

I guess my confusion lies in the fact that the plate has feet on the bottom which I would position and then press into my cake. That allows me to mark placement of the supports to be put inside the cake. I can't seem to find the actual supports/dowels to insert into the cake that would then fit into the feet of the plate.

In the second link, it says:
"Step 2
Position one plate from set on base cake feet side up."

So the plate doesn't have feet on the bottom, the feet are on the top positioned to hold the ring in place. It also says to use dowels, not internal pillars to attach to the plate (plastic dowels would work, but they aren't attached to anything). They also include another link to view the process of using 2-plate construction.

rpaige Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 1:13am
post #5 of 6

Okay - I see that now! It would help if I actually had the gazebo in hand. I have been trying to work from photographs and the Wilton website. The bride has not brought the gazebot to me yet - wedding is next weekend - and I was starting to panic about not having what I needed.

I had the "pillar" process in my mind and I WAS making it more difficult.

So sorry to bother you with my confusion. Thanks for you help.

CWR41 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 1:18am
post #6 of 6
Quote:

So sorry to bother you with my confusion. Thanks for you help.

No problem... glad I can help. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%