Baking Is Dangerous! Lol

Lounge By SweetSuzieQ Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 7:31pm by SweetSuzieQ

SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 7

So, I had my first (and hopefully last) baking accident!!

I was mixing up a batch of MMF using my stand mixer and, I was standing with my hand on the edge of the bowl. Well, I lost my balance, the bowl slightly popped off and, my hand slipped into the bowl and got KNEEDED into the side of the bowl by my dough hook! UHHMM, OUCH. It bumped up right away and, the pain was UNBELIEVABLE. Thankfully, after a trip to the ER and, a few chuckles between me and the nurses and doctors, it wasn't BROKEN just bruised very deeply and badly. The top of my hand looks a little Hunch Back of Notre Damish but I am now somwhat able to form a fist.

Crazy eh? LOL At least I know that my mixer is POWERFUL. (hahaha) My husband, the forever comedian, when I got into the car after being cleared from the ER said, "The cupcake industry is CUT THROAT...." LOL

6 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 7

LOL! Sorry to hear about that! I was trying Sugarshack's recipe once and I heated up the creamer too long in the microwave. When I dipped my tablespoon into the cup it exploded all over me. Luckily I wear glasses because my eye would have gotten burned. I had red marks all over my face and arms.

Was it one of the Scary Movies where the butler (played by Chris Elliott) had a jacked up hand? He was like "let me get that with my strong hand." LOL

SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 7

OMGosh, yes, good thing youi wear glasses! That could have been sooo much worse.

Funny thing is, I worl part time as a medical responder at a horse track right in the thick of it with crazed horses bucking and kicking all over the place and, I get hurt making cupcake toppers! LOL

And yes, lOL, I remeber that character! "Scuse me, fanny coming through!"

AnnieCahill Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 7

LOL Suzie! I hope you feel better soon!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:25am
post #5 of 7

OUCH! Sorry that happened!

Baking IS dangerous! I have burned myself, cut myself, etc. so many times!

scp1127 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:29am
post #6 of 7

I think my fingertips have been burned so many times that they are immune to the heat.

SweetSuzieQ, which track? If I can remember, you are not in the US? My dad was an owner and I practically grew up at the tracks on the east coast.

SweetSuzieQ Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 7

I'm in Canada SCP. Toronto, ON to be more specific. The track we work at is a newer one, Ajax Downs but, we are hoping to get in with Woodbine Racetrack next year. I love it. I used to ride in my youth and, the horse fix helps to quell my cravings! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%