Should Mixing With Vodka Change The Color Of My Dust?

Decorating By snocilla Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 10:34am by snocilla

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:28am
post #1 of 5

I mixed some lavender petal dust with vodka to paint with, and now it looks royal blue. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it? If I paint with it, will it dry lavender?

Thanks!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:39am
post #2 of 5

Can't say as I have ever had such an experience icon_sad.gif Are you sure you really have lavender? I'm guessing it might dry lavender but can't say as I've never had anything like that happen. You are going to have to experiement. Take a scrap piece of fondant or gp and paint some on it and let us know how it turns out.

snocilla Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:45am
post #3 of 5

It is 'Lilac Purple Pearl Dust"

snocilla Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:48am
post #4 of 5

I just uploaded a picture of a phone (the topper) that I dusted it on dry. I just wanted to paint a few accents on the cake to match it, but I knew if I did it dry, the dust would get everywhere.

snocilla Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 10:34am
post #5 of 5

It didn't look like to was drying any lighter, so I just decided to dust it on dry. It is Wilton brand, and I usually don't like Wilton icing colors, so maybe that was the issue? It was a last minte order, so I just got it from Micheal's (and of course they only carry Wilton) instead of going all the way across town to the cake decorating store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%