A Favor Please....hurricane Irene

Lounge By tokazodo Updated 29 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm by JaeRodriguez

tokazodo Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:46am
post #1 of 11

I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Hurricane Irene is due to play in my back yard, literally, at 2:00 pm on Saturday.
I would like to ask those of you who pray, to please pray for God's mercy for the people of Hatteras Island and that he would keep the people who decided to stay, safe. We experienced Hurricane Isabel in 2003 and it was devastating. Irene is looking like a similar hurricane, headed on a similar path. My husband who is in law enforcement was required to stay because of his job. About half of my friends and the people I work with felt the need to stay behind. I have evacuated to my son's home in Va.

Prayers would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
tokazodo

10 replies
cakestyles Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 11

Will do! Stay safe and I hope the storm weakens overnight.

FiveAlarmBakery Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:31am
post #3 of 11

Stay safe! Good thoughts your way!! I hope your husband and his squad stays safe!!

momg9 Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:46am
post #4 of 11

Yes, I will be praying for you all.

Crazyforcupcakes Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 4:27am
post #5 of 11

My sister and her family live in Emerald Isle, North Carolina, so they are in the same situation that you are. Sending out hopeful and positive thoughts to all of you in the storm's path!

mustang1964 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:33am
post #6 of 11

My prayers are with you and all the hurricane victims.

Bluehue Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 11

We are listening and hearing all about *what might be* on our News Reports over here about you on the East Coast of America.

For two days/nights we have listened to the evacuations that are happening and my DH and i look at each other agasp. icon_sad.gificon_surprised.gif

From me over here on the West Cost of Australia i send my heartfelt concern to you who are in the path of this Hurricane.
Just as many of you sent your best to my fellow Australians on our East Coast earlier this year when a huge Cyclone hammered our Country.

Altho we are oceans apart - we do think of you and hold you in our thoughts durng this time.

Bluehue and her family. xx

JamAndButtercream Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 11

I'm watching the news over in the UK, hope everyone over there stays safe usaribbon.gif

Valkstar Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 11

I've been watching the coverage here in Ireland. I hope you and your families are all safe and sound too usaribbon.gif

tokazodo Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:37am
post #10 of 11

Hurricane Irene was not kind to my Island. My home was spared but many were not so lucky. The electricity and phones are still out. There are 2 places where the island has been breached which means I can't drive home. Many people have had their homes flooded. I am at my son's house and I don't know when I am going to be able to get home. I called 2 brides today, who are supposed to get married 9/4.
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts of concern. Please continue to pray for those who have been affected by this storm.
Thanks,
tokazodo

JaeRodriguez Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm
post #11 of 11

We are in Columbia and my cousin is supposed to head your way for vacation in two weeks and told me about all the damage that was done! I'm so sorry y'all are having to deal with that mess, thank goodness your home was spared!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%