Epson Edible Ink Printer Printing Blobs Or Black Lines

Decorating By Nessalea Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 1:45am by icingimages

Nessalea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nessalea Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:13am
post #1 of 3

Hello! I have an epson nx510, with edible ink. It was recomended to us through one of the edible image websites. Now that we have it up and running, it occasionally prints black blobs or black lines through my image. I am worried of course that this is ruining lots of good paper, wasting ink that is going to cost me a pretty penny to replace, and also worried that this will happen on custom orders. Any suggestions or anyone else experiencing the same problem?

2 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 10:41am
post #2 of 3

Hi:
Unfortunately that is one of the printers I do not recommend, but I will try to take a shot at it to try and help. Are the black lines going left to right on the page or up and down? What brand of ink are you using?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:45am
post #3 of 3

Hi: I checked all my resources and no one has ever heard of basically trying to short out the cartridge to make it reset. Have you tried pressing and holding the stop resume button? If not, try this... follow the instructions the computer states for you to change the cartridge. Pretend like you are doing it, but instead of replacing the cartridge, remove it and then put the same cartridge back in. As for the black blobs...you may have a small build up of ink in your printhead. When you go to reset the cartridge, clean out any excess ink that you may have. Best of luck to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%