Pineapple Filling Question????

Baking By kakeak Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 3:43am by sunnyca

kakeak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeak Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 12:57am
post #1 of 8

I am making a coconut cake with pineapple filling.. I have tried a few fillings and am just not satisfied with them. I am wondering if anyone has just put pineapple chunks on top of the frosting in between the layers and how it tastes?? or does anyone have any good recipes.. I have tried 2 with cornstarch in them and just dont like the flavor it gives... Thank you!!

7 replies
nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:05am
post #2 of 8

I saved this recipe because it looked good but I haven't had a chance to try it yet...

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7310/ultimate-pina-colada

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:27am
post #3 of 8

Here is the yummy recipe I use that gets rave reviews:

1 small box vanilla pudding mix
1 small can crushed pineapple
cool whip

mix the pineapple (liquid & all) into the pudding mix then add cool whip (amount depends on how thick you want the filling). I call this pineapple chiffon and it is delicious.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #4 of 8

I'm on my mobile so don't have access to my links but, if you do a search for pineapple curd, they are all very similar. I use a pineapple curd fillled in my coconut cream cupcake and top it with Malibu Rum IMBC and it always gets rave reviews.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:41am
post #5 of 8

I adore Pineapple Curd too! Bonnell, your Chiffon sounds wonderful. Instant Pudding right?

Kat

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:49am
post #6 of 8

I have used the pudding, pineapple and whipped cream filling before, too and it is great. I tried adding pineapple to Rich's Bettercreme recently and it did not do quite as well. Not quite sure why.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:34am
post #7 of 8

I cheat and use a good quality pineapple preserves mixed with my buttercream.

sunnyca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnyca Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:43am
post #8 of 8

I've used canned pineapple chunks on top of vanilla pastry pride (equivalent of whipped cream) in between vanilla chiffon cakes and people love it. I also moisten the cake with the leftover pineapple juice and simple sugar syrup mixture (50/50)

I always cut the chunks smaller so you don't get a huge piece with one bite and nothing in the next.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%