Pineapple Filling Question????

Baking By kakeak Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 3:43am by sunnyca

kakeak Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 12:57am
post #1 of 8

I am making a coconut cake with pineapple filling.. I have tried a few fillings and am just not satisfied with them. I am wondering if anyone has just put pineapple chunks on top of the frosting in between the layers and how it tastes?? or does anyone have any good recipes.. I have tried 2 with cornstarch in them and just dont like the flavor it gives... Thank you!!

7 replies
nonilm Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:05am
post #2 of 8

I saved this recipe because it looked good but I haven't had a chance to try it yet...

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7310/ultimate-pina-colada

Bonnell Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:27am
post #3 of 8

Here is the yummy recipe I use that gets rave reviews:

1 small box vanilla pudding mix
1 small can crushed pineapple
cool whip

mix the pineapple (liquid & all) into the pudding mix then add cool whip (amount depends on how thick you want the filling). I call this pineapple chiffon and it is delicious.

SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:31am
post #4 of 8

I'm on my mobile so don't have access to my links but, if you do a search for pineapple curd, they are all very similar. I use a pineapple curd fillled in my coconut cream cupcake and top it with Malibu Rum IMBC and it always gets rave reviews.

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:41am
post #5 of 8

I adore Pineapple Curd too! Bonnell, your Chiffon sounds wonderful. Instant Pudding right?

Kat

heartsnsync Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 2:49am
post #6 of 8

I have used the pudding, pineapple and whipped cream filling before, too and it is great. I tried adding pineapple to Rich's Bettercreme recently and it did not do quite as well. Not quite sure why.

korensmommy Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:34am
post #7 of 8

I cheat and use a good quality pineapple preserves mixed with my buttercream.

sunnyca Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 3:43am
post #8 of 8

I've used canned pineapple chunks on top of vanilla pastry pride (equivalent of whipped cream) in between vanilla chiffon cakes and people love it. I also moisten the cake with the leftover pineapple juice and simple sugar syrup mixture (50/50)

I always cut the chunks smaller so you don't get a huge piece with one bite and nothing in the next.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%