Does Anyone Have A Tutorial For.....

Decorating By not_the_cake_boss Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 1:56am by not_the_cake_boss

not_the_cake_boss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_the_cake_boss Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 12:41am
post #1 of 6

wrapping a cake in chocolate? Not using modelling chocolate, just melted chocolate. I will take any advice. I've never tried this method before.
Thanks.
Cindy

5 replies
nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:03am
post #2 of 6

I saw a cake in one of my cake books (can't remember which one) where they did chocolate swirls on parchment paper that was cut to the height of the cake, then after it set a little (not completely dry) they placed it around the cake and peeled the parchment away. It looked pretty cool not sure of it would work with a lot of chocolate though.

Maybe use something like a chocolate glaze and just pour it over the cake?

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:20am
post #3 of 6

Try this site: http://www.ehow.com/how_2155540_wrap-cake-chocolate.html

You probably can find something on You Tube.

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:24am
post #4 of 6

Look at the "Most Saved" cakes currently on the home page. The turquoise cake is what you are talking about. If you'll look at the comments you will see a brief explanation of how she accomplished this. It's a beautiful cake. The technique is easier to do than you think. I recently made my first attempt at this and it turned out very well. For me the most difficult part was getting the chocolate thin enough to pipe out onto the acetate in a nice thin stream.

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:26am
post #5 of 6

there's 2 tutorials in the CC forums: under Cake Decorating

not_the_cake_boss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
not_the_cake_boss Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:56am
post #6 of 6

Awesome suggestions. I think I can figure his out now. Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%