Zombie Prom Cake ... Critiques Please..

Decorating By FireWingFaerie Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 1:04pm by kimmisue2009

FireWingFaerie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FireWingFaerie Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 5

Created this cake for Woods Of Terror's Zombie Prom... I would love to have some of you all tell me what you think of the cake and what you would have done different .,, I am still learning so any and all help is wonderful! cant figure out how to load pics .. but the photo is in my gallery.... icon_confused.gif

4 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I just saw your cake...........pretty disgusting! In a good way! icon_biggrin.gif
I think if I had done the cake I would have made the "bride and groom" (sorry not sure what you call the main girl and guy in a prom!) the centre piece of the cake, like a wedding topper couple, arm in arm and would have had the mice and bit of bodies around them, on the top and around the base of the cake.
Really though the cake is great, love the gore! icon_biggrin.gif

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 9:16am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamAndButtercream

Hi,
I just saw your cake...........pretty disgusting! In a good way! icon_biggrin.gif
I think if I had done the cake I would have made the "bride and groom" (sorry not sure what you call the main girl and guy in a prom!)

Prom King and Queen, I think?

Love the cake, no critique, perhaps just a little small (the prom queen looks a little tall and out of proportion to the cake). A two tier would have worked nicely, perhaps could have had more zombie party goer's (or even just their hands) clawing their way up to the 2nd tier icon_smile.gif

FireWingFaerie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FireWingFaerie Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 5

actually that is how they ordered the cake... lol they wanted the prom king on the ground in pieces and the prom girl to have a "carrie" look to her.... the picture is not great but there are actually severed body pieces , dripping blood, and maggots all over the cake

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

I already commented in your gallery, but I'll say again - it's great! I am a big fan of Halloween having grown up in the era where it was not evil, just great fun. We always turned our church fellowship hall and parsonage into haunted houses so I think it's cool cool cool! Your cake is very well done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%