Wafer Paper Booboo

Decorating By kodeblue Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 9:24pm by kakeladi

kodeblue Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

Well, I thought I was doing the wife a favour by ordering edible paper on-line for her. She has been getting alot of requests for these so getting a new printer to do her own is a better idea. ANywas, when the package arrived, she looked at me and asked what I ordered and said it is no good for her. After doing some research on here, I was quick to learn that there is a difference between wafer paper and frosting paper, which is what she gets. Now I am stuck with 100 sheets of wafer paper and nothign to use it on lol. So much for trying to help lol.

4 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

Here is a suggestion to use the wafer paper.... run it thru the printer just as you would the frosting sheets. Let it dry completely so it won't smudge when you touch it. Then mount it on a gumpaste or fondant backing.....I roll out the gumpaste pretty thin and cut it to shape, use a paint brush and 'paint' on some gum glue....let it loose its shine [ dry a bit ] then gently press on the wafer paper. You do not want it to get tooooo wet...that is why you let the gum glue set up a bit! Then you can use glitter to finish off the edges....cut the edges to fit the paper....ruffle the edges with a ball tool....what ever you like to finish up the your piece. I let them dry a couple days and pop them on a cake! AND...the recipient can take it off and keep it as a nice keepsake. BTW...since the wafer paper never touches the cake, you can use a regular inkjet printer to print out the wafer paper and do the same thing....since the finished piece is saved and not eaten! If you are placing on a non crusting frosting, you can use miniature marshmallows to hold it just above the frosting....no stickey frosting on the back when you lift it off.

Dizzymaiden Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 5

bisbqueenb - very clever!

pettmybunny Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 5

My husband did the same thing! I used mine for butterflies, like on this wedding cake...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2004693

kakeladi Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 5

It also can be sued to make a 'feather' cake. Cut thin triangle feather shaped pieces and starting at the top work down around the cake. Can't get to the pix to show you but there are tons of them on the internet - a few on this site.

Also, contact me - I'd love some of it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%