Where Did My Momentum Go?

Decorating By sweetlayers Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 9:28pm by fedra

sweetlayers Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 5

Maybe it's just me, but over the past 3 months my love for cake baking has sank. I still enjoy decorating, but all the prep before and clean up after is taking its toll on me. To the point where I havent' even been pursuing new business. I honestly can't afford to stop right now, but I have hit a major wall lately in my motivation and focus.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions on how to get my mojo back? Is this a mental milestone I need to overcome? Or is this the end?

TIA

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 5

It happens to all of us..I keep wishing for that Cleanup,icing,cake baking Fairy... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

I too hate the cleanup etc...but..it comes with the territory so it has to be done. icon_cry.gif Chin up..Find something to inspire you..A contest to enter,a special friend/family to bake for,a sick child to bake for,Donate a cake... thumbs_up.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

MimiFix Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 5

Is this feeling only with cakes, or are other areas of your life affected? If it's a general blue feeling, think about what is causing it and work on that, not just your cake business. But if it's just cakes, you need to take another look at your operation. If you're not charging enough you may feel resentment at all the work for not enough money. Or maybe you're physically tired from working too many hours. Or you may simply hate the prep/clean-up part of the business and haven't yet learned how to deal with it. Try loud music, help from kids or a spouse, or a friendly neighbor. Also, cursing helps. "Damn dishes, damn, damn, damn..."

QTCakes1 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 5

I TOTALLY feel you! I have even turned orders down. I say it's a mental milestone and you just have to pull hard to refocus. Good luck!

fedra Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 5

I curse, sometimes aloud and sometimes silently....alot icon_smile.gif
Fedra

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%