Chocolate Covered Cherry Flavored Cake?

Decorating By ScrumdidlyCakes Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 2:33pm by sillywabbitz

ScrumdidlyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScrumdidlyCakes Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:03am
post #1 of 6

Hello! I have a really good friend that is wanting to surprise his wife with a cake since they will have the weekend to themselves. He was wanting a cherry flavored cake with peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting. I don't think it sounds too good. Any suggestions on recipes? He wants a palm tree on it with maybe a "sex on the beach" theme. Any ideas on decorations out of buttercream?
Thanks!

5 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:46am
post #2 of 6

I love chocolate and cherry but the peanut butter just doesn't sound good to me. I usually use this recipe for choc/cherry cake
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1612/chocolate-cherry-cake-ii
I fill with with cherry cream (I add kirsche if I'm doing a black forest) and top it with ganache.

I wonder if you could talk him out of the peanut butter. Or do just peanut butter and chocolate. For the palm trees you can use tootsie rolls and green tootsie rolls or taffy. You could pipe them in buttercream but I'm not good with piping.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:25am
post #3 of 6

You can make a 'soda cake'
I love Dr pepper cherry cake with cherry buttercream!

I would talk him out of the peanutbutter. Wierd combo

mshorseranch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mshorseranch Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:00am
post #4 of 6

Or, do one tier in the cherry chocolate and another in chocolate peanut butter. The combo doesn't sound good to me, but you would give your friend what she wants.

ScrumdidlyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScrumdidlyCakes Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:10am
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for the replies and for the recipe sillywabbitz! I will suggest that the peanut butter and cherry combo isn't a good mix but ill do whatever the customer wants in the end. My only worry is that I'd to it with peanut butter, they wouldn't like it and not do business with me anymore. I'm new to home based business so word of mouth is key.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrumdidlyCakes

Thank you so much for the replies and for the recipe sillywabbitz! I will suggest that the peanut butter and cherry combo isn't a good mix but ill do whatever the customer wants in the end. My only worry is that I'd to it with peanut butter, they wouldn't like it and not do business with me anymore. I'm new to home based business so word of mouth is key.

You know being word of mouth, is why I'd be a little pushy about the peanut buttericon_smile.gif Could you say something like "I really feel the combination of cherry and peanut butter will not taste right. Have you had a specific dessert that had cherry and peanut butter? Chocolate/cherry or chocolate/peanut butter are always winning combinations. For the best flavor profile I'd recommend one of those. If you do have a favorite dessert that includes all three, let me know the details and I'm happy to research how the flavors can work together."
Just trying to think of how you can position it so he understands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%