Wasc Filling...???

Baking By TammyH Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 12:44am by srkmilklady

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 7

I know I've seen this question answered, but I seem to be "search challanged" today. icon_sad.gif

What is the BEST filling for a WASC cake?

Backround: I'm making 2 cakes for a babyshower this weekend (each is an 8-inch double-layou cake -- it's for family -- long story...). The first is a chocolate cake with an oreo-filling (mixing crushed oreos with Sugarshack's icing). The second is a WASC cake --- but I dont know what filling to make. I know I can always use plain icing, but I wanted to have something special/good.

TIA

TammyH

6 replies
mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 7

I love raspberry perserves with it. I just heat up a a jar then pour the entire pan as filling. ITs soooo yummy

Seedless of course

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaidgirl2

I love raspberry perserves with it. I just heat up a a jar then pour the entire pan as filling. ITs soooo yummy

Seedless of course

I'm used to fillings that are thicker (but open to other options!). Would this melt into the cake? Or do you put a layer of icing, then the preserves?

Sorry to be so slow.... icon_smile.gif

TammyH

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 7

I would put down a layer of icing and then a good, strong buttercream dam. You're not slow.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:22am
post #5 of 7

I actually put a good dam around but don't put a layer of bc down first? It only soaks in a little. It doesn't get soggy. But you can do it either way. Soooo yummy

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:34am
post #6 of 7

Strawberries and pastry cream. Yummmmmmmm!

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:44am
post #7 of 7

I love this recipe from right here on CC...I change it up sometimes using a different flavoured Jello...like raspberry or orange...it is delicious!! (And really easy to make too!) thumbs_up.gif

Strawberries n Cream Mousse (posted by Cakeheart)
Ingredients
1 large pkg of Instant Vanilla Jello Pudding
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
2-3 tablespoons of Strawberry Jello Gelatin Powder (you can add more or less depending on how much strawberry taste you want!)
Instructions
Mix Heavy whipping cream on med-high. Slowly add all of the contents of the Instant Vanilla pudding and strawberry gelatin powder to whipping cream until it reaches a thick mousse and all of the gelatin and pudding mix is dissolved. Then Refridgerate! (I use this in cupcake and cake fillings!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%