Wilton Sugar Sheets

Decorating By Bskinne Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 4:30am by cakeflake80

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone used these? I went to the store to buy Mylar to make a stencil for a damask-like black pattern on agreen cake...and then I saw these black sugar sheets. I bought one to play with, just wondering how easy they are to use/apply? I will be cutting by hand rather than with the punches. Also, the color won't bleed, will it?

3 replies
slapsappyhappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slapsappyhappy Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 4

I have used the pink and the green sugar sheets, but I put them in my cricut and cut out the shapes that way! There is paper behind the frosting that you peel off so I put the whole sheet in the machine and cut away. It is sooo easy and that way all I have to do is change the blade when I am cutting out cake stuff instead of having to buy a whole new machine! I have the most difficulty with writing so it is easier to cut out "Happy Birthday" instead of having to try to get it neatly written AND evenly on the cake.

I don't know how they will work cutting out by hand, they are delicate and if you squeeze too hard or pull too hard they rip. Good Luck!

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 4:13am
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I wish I had a cricut. Can I cut it with the backing on? Also, anyone know if the black bleeds if done the day before?

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 4:30am
post #4 of 4

I've used the black and the white ones and no, the black does not bleed (at least it didn't the few times I have used it). I cut it with the backing on. Another neat thing is this....I agree about writing on cakes. The all white sheets are kind of see-through. So, print out 'Happy Birthday' or whatever message in Word, whatever style you want, and print it in bold. Then put the sugar sheet over it (backing still on) and if you are next to a light you will be able to see the words and trace them onto the sugar sheet with an edible marker!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%