Urgent Help With Sticking

Decorating By evans000 Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 12:16pm by langranny

evans000 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Guys i am doing the tower from the film tangled, i have used a white pipe and am planning on covering it with krispie treats then gumpaste. The pipe is white plastic how on earth do i get the krispie treats to stick to it.

Ive said urgent as i am sat trying to do it now and thought edible glue might work. The krispie treat seem to be going on ok but i'm worried about the weight when i get to the top of the tower for the small building on top.

3 replies
JamAndButtercream Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 4

Have you tried basic buttercream? (just icing sugar & butter)
Thats what they seem to use on cake boss, but not sure if their buttercream (usa) is like our buttercream (uk)
I've just read that another CC member melted mashmallows to stick the rkt to the pipe.

Hope this helps, good luck! thumbs_up.gif

evans000 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 11:47am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for your reply, i didnt read it until after i had done it (i stupidly posted when i was in mid sticking having a panic as my original sticking method didnt quite work.

I rang my dad and he suggested sugar and water i melted it to bubble point and it was so strong i also used that to stick lots of the other bits as i ran out of the edible glue.

Well i finally got it finished and it stayed in one piece not one thing fell off (i also didnt realise i had to transport the thing 30 mins drive over bumps and holes....never again)

Thanks again

langranny Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 4

Brush it with clear corn syrup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%