I Think I Have Finally Been Christened!

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 12:44pm by KodiSnip

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 10

I have never gotten one for the fraud emails I read so much about on here but I think today was my lucky day icon_smile.gif

I really have no idea what he is even attempting to ask for LOL

I am seeking for someone who will be able to event my senior sister wedding. She just met the right now and i am in charge of making sure i get her all the best stuff she wanted on that day , so let me know if you are available to event the wedding so that i can get back to you with more details . The event date is September 10th . Let me know if you available .
Eddie James

UMMM NO THANKS

9 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 10

Since I became licensed in June, I have gotten at least 5 of these types of emails and one phone call from Japan. They usually go to my junk file, but it is funny to open one once in a while a read it. Like dah people, are you serious?

Congratualtions on becoming a member of the "Cake Spam Club" (that is what DH calls them)

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 10

I got one too!!!

They make me laugh. icon_wink.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 10

I get them all the time, I actually just wrote a series of blog entreis about them that will go up in a couple of weeks. The latest is a bunch asking for grilled chicker caeser salads for a birthday party.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 3:58am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

The latest is a bunch asking for grilled chicker caeser salads for a birthday party.

Whaaaaat?? Now that's a new one! icon_confused.gif

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:10am
post #6 of 10

What I love is how obvious it is that they are foreign and then the bust out a name like "Eddie James" Really? lol!

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 4:17am
post #7 of 10

So are you going to event the wedding?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:03pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeCake615

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

The latest is a bunch asking for grilled chicker caeser salads for a birthday party.

Whaaaaat?? Now that's a new one! icon_confused.gif

Oh yeah, here's one example. They're all pretty much the same. I like the beginning "okay, fine..."

Hello

Okay fine ,My MUM Birthday is coming up on the 2nd JUNE, so I will like to place an order for CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD PLATE for 150 guest so I would be needing 150 individual orders all together and i will like to have the total cost plus tax so that i can give you my credit card to charge for the payment and it will be pick up by 4pm on 2nd of JUNE

NOTE:I want you to get back to me with the prices for each plates and total cost for 150 people plates and I will forward my CREDIT CARD to you as Payment.If you dont Have the food.Pls email me your MENU

Best Regard
Kelvin Vincent

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:27pm
post #9 of 10

Love the ceaser salad lol. And no I am not goling to event the wedding...not even sure what that means. I showed the email to hubby and he was like what the he!! Are they asking...lol

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 12:44pm
post #10 of 10

[/quote]

Oh yeah, here's one example. They're all pretty much the same. I like the beginning "okay, fine..."

Hello

Okay fine ,My MUM Birthday is coming up on the 2nd JUNE, so I will like to place an order for CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD PLATE for 150 guest so I would be needing 150 individual orders all together and i will like to have the total cost plus tax so that i can give you my credit card to charge for the payment and it will be pick up by 4pm on 2nd of JUNE

NOTE:I want you to get back to me with the prices for each plates and total cost for 150 people plates and I will forward my CREDIT CARD to you as Payment.If you dont Have the food.Pls email me your MENU

[/quote]

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif I love how the words CREDIT CARD are nice and big like oooooh ahhhhh - they've got a credit card! In the end they want you to fork over $$ - and the baker/business ENDS UP USING THEIR OWN $$ to ship or send or cash something in the end for these types...

IMHO You should always have $100's coming IN from a transaction not 100's going out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%