Request For Vomiting Pumpkin Cake....

Decorating By HeyWife Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 6:40pm by TexasSugar

HeyWife Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 9

Just got a request today for a vomiting pumpkin cake for a groom's cake. Ewww, but whatever. I know most of you use bundt pans to make a 3D pumpkin, but they only want 20 servings, so what would be the best way to make this pumpkin? Stacking rounds and carving? Or is there a smaller bundt pan that anyone knows of?

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 9

Why not just use a Wilton 3D pumpkin pan..It only feeds about 20 or so...I bought mine a few years back.It makes a nice pumpkin.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 9

Do you have a minimum for a carved cake like that? Wouldn't the regular bundt fall into that range? It seems like buying new pans for the cake would kill profit more than using a larger cake for this one time.

HeyWife Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 9

I was looking at that on different sites since it's retired and was wondering how many it served. Thanks for the suggestion icon_smile.gif

fondantgrl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 9

This customer sounds like they have "good taste". I hope you will find what you are looking for..

mariacakestoo Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

This customer sounds like they have "good taste". I hope you will find what you are looking for..

This customer sounds like a lot of fun, just the kinds I cater to. thumbs_up.gif

inspiredbymom Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 9

That is so funny! I saw one of those just two days ago when I was looking something else up on here. I love it! I hope you share pics when it is done!

HeyWife Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 9

I don't mind buying a new pan because I think a cake like that would likely bring in more business. Plus that I'm a total cake pan collector, LOL! I'm thinking about stacking round cakes and using 1/2 of the Wilton sports ball pan on top and carving from there.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 6:40pm
post #9 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/80219

Here is one I did carved from round cake pans. The pan sizes I used were 2 6x2 rounds, 1 7x1 round and 1 8x3 round. Not counting for a little being carved off, those sizes would make around 45 servings. I'd probably round it down, a little to maybe 35-40.

I'm not sure you'll be able to get a small cake, and sometimes that's okay. Just tell them for the shape/design to look right the cake will have to serve XYZ number of people and give them a price. They can decide what to do from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%