Donation Cakes For Kids..any Chapters In Canada?

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 3:15pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking to be apart of a group where you make cakes for kids who are less fortunate..I have seen a few chapters listed here.

Does anyone know of any organizations here in Canada? Specifically Calgary,Alberta

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
just4myboys Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 7

There's a charity called Icing Smiles Canada where you would make a specialty cake for a sick child. Great program!

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 7

Great. Idea...I'll Google that..Thanks!!!

cakesrock Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4myboys

There's a charity called Icing Smiles Canada where you would make a specialty cake for a sick child. Great program!

Great to know!

Laurel: What about the Mustard Seed? You could also try the Homeless Foundation. And Calgary CUPS deals with kids, too, I believe.
Have you tried Children's Hosp (AHS) OR Ronald McDonald house? I also attend mtgs with some people in pediatrics occasionally, so when an opportunity arises, I'll see if there is anything else.
Very nice thought!
Terri

Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 7

Hi Terri,

I did know about the children's hospital but I know that Crave or Stir crazy playcenter always send cupcakes there..I never thought about the mustard seed but I would prefer donating to a family whose child is terminal.I'll keep checking around..Thanks

cakesrock Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry, thought you were meaning 'poverty' by less fortunate..Have you talked to "make a wish" foundation, calgary chapter? They grant wishes for terminally ill kids. I used to work in "The OldY" with them. ..not sure where they are now. But it is such a lovely gesture on your part!
Terri

Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 7

Hi Terri,

Not yet...I posted a comment on Facebook with Icing Smiles about a chapter here in Calgary but there has been no response.Maybe I'll check out Make A Wish website and they may have information!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%