Can I Put Canned Glazed Cupcakes In The Fridge?

Baking By wowgirl

wowgirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 1

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have a few questions. I am making cupcakes for an 80th birthday party for this Sunday. I keep reading that I can make a glaze with canned frosting. I colored some and tried it (for samples) and it seemed to work well. the glaze hardened and I put on some flowers I made out of modeling chocolate. They looked really pretty and she really liked them. She took them home but noticed that once she got home they had drooped. When I deliver them on Friday night I have an hour drive and then on Sunday She will have an hour drive. My question is can I put that kind of glazed cupcake in the fridge? Will the glaze be ok? I planned on putting the cupcakes in boxes and then for the fridge wrapping them in plastic wrap so they are well sealed. I know for the modeling chocolate if I let it come to room temp while still wrapped the flowers will be ok but will the glaze be ok as well? Any suggestions or help would be greatly apprecieated. I am new to all this baking and I want the cupcakes to turn out well for my friend.

Thank you so much icon_smile.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%