Cricut Cake Machine Help!!!

Decorating By kimmypooh79 Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 5:04am by kimmypooh79

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 5

Good morning all!!! 3 weeks ago I purchased a cricut cake machine at Big Lots for $140. I bought the last one which was the display and they assured me that everything was in the box. I opened it to find that the blade, blade housing, cartridge plug, and cartridge shield were not in the box. I called the store and the manager is going to look for the missing items. I was hoping that someone that has one of these could tell me how these things were packaged so that I know what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

4 replies
knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 5

Wow! I would take the entire thing back and get a refund. I wouldn't chance not getting all the parts that go in the box. You'll be spending more money to find and replace those parts. It's been a couple of years so I'm not sure how my parts were packaged. I belive they were in a plastic bag together in the box.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 5

I agree..Take the box back and demand a new unit...goodness know how many people having be stealing the parts out of the box...If there isn't another unit/model get your money back.

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 5

When I bought mine, 3weeks ago, the cartridge came in the decorating basics box, and all other attatchments were set into cardboard under the cricut cake in the bottom of the box. HTH

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:04am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everybody. I would have taken it back right away but they didn't have anymore in stock. I hounded the manager until he had one over nighted to replace it. A thorn in his side maybe but I did get a new one with all the pieces. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%