Up To My Eyeballs

Decorating By tcbalgord Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 7:45pm by tcbalgord

tcbalgord Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:14am
post #1 of 5

Going to trim this story down a bit. Got asked if I could do a cake from a friend of my sister. Said I don't see a problem, but I need to when and other the other logistics. He gets back to me yesterday. Says he wants a pinup girl...for saturday! This Saturday!!! (mind you I was really sick yesterday and not in the mood but hey it's business.) He said for like 20 people, so I rattled off $35 bucks, knowing I had everything in the house already to make it. Then as I'm repeating everything back, he says yes, make sure the cake is Kahlua with Baileys frosting. WHAT??? Never done that before...ok fine not too hard. Please pick it up on Saturday by 3pm because I am working at 5 and I am baking for my MIL's memorial service also. (he hesitates and says yeah ok.) GRRRRR.
I know I have grossly under priced this cake, I just don't know how I would even go about starting this cake. I told him I am not good with faces, so I will cover it up or leave it blank. Help! TIA

4 replies
tcbalgord Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:15am
post #2 of 5

Here is the pic similar to what he wants http://acidcow.com/pics/12285-pin-up-girls-130-pics.html she is the one kneeling with the blonde hair and white dress with gold trim

myslady Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 5

i would get an edible image or do a frozen buttercream transfer for the pin up girl. I would also call him back and let him know there will be an extra charge to include alcohol flavors in the cake.

knlcox Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with myslady. A frozen buttercream transfer or edible image would work well. I just completed a fbct and it was time consuming but looked great!

tcbalgord Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5

completely forgot about FBCT! That would be less time consuming then trying to carve this out, especially in the time crunch I know I'll be in. Thanks cakers you have saved me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%