What Is Candyclay

Decorating By Yellow5555 Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 10:13pm by heartsnsync

Yellow5555 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yellow5555 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 2

I am new to this cake decorating and im kinds of over loaded with all the differnt things you can use. This candyclay how do you make it or can you buy it already made?

1 reply
heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 2

Candy clay is also called "modeling chocolate" and is made by gently melting candy wafers or chocolate (dark, milk, or white) and adding corn syrup to it. The ratio is usually 1 lb. wafers/chocolate to 1/3 c. corn syrup. When the wafers/chocolate is melted you stir in the corn syrup until thick and smooth. Transfer to a wax paper lined pan and smooth out. Let sit @ 8 hrs. to over night. At first it will look really greasy but do not wipe up this excess oil on top. It usually soaks back in. Some recipes say to refrigerate for the resting time but I just let mine rest, uncovered, on the counter. When you want to use, break off a chunk and begin to knead it a bit until it becomes soft. However, try to handle it as little as possible as you shape it. If it becomes too soft or oily you can add a bit of powdered sugar or let it rest again. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%