Cowboy Boot Grooms Cake

Decorating By hattycake Updated 24 Aug 2011 , 12:12am by PaulaPea

hattycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hattycake Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a pair of standing cowboy boots for a grooms cake in October. I am generally pretty good at trying most anything but his pretty much has me stumped. This needs to feed approx 100 guests. Any ideas?

5 replies
KarlaGJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarlaGJ Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 6

A week or so ago someone posted a wonderful cowboy boot cake. I don't remember the name and didn't save to favorites either. Did you try a search for 'cowboy boot'? There were several photos that showed the internal structure. Good luck!

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2117161

Try this link! It's a great boot cake!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 6

The picture knlcox provided the link for is the absolute best cowboy boot cake I've ever seen.

I have to say though that making one boot to feed 100 people seems an almost impossible task. It would have to be huge. Can you put it on another cake?

I turned down a groom's cake like this recently because I just didn't think I could pull it off. Until that boot cake was posted last week, I'd never seen a cowboy boot cake that didn't look sort of saggy and sad. If other people have trouble with it, I knew I would.

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 6

Maybe you could make a pair of boots to feed that many people. I can't see feeding so many off just one.

PaulaPea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaPea Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 12:12am
post #6 of 6

Put your boots on a boot box....(which is what they come in, when they are new)...you can make the boots out of RKT and the box can be the cake.... HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%